well it's official that i'm official. mommy & daddy received my akc paperwork about a month ago, my insurance policy has been in effect for a few weeks & today dr. segl gave me my last of my first shots..can i get a woohoo?!? daddy says my life is about to change since i can (legally) do so many things from here on out:
- instead of having to ride in the stupid blue carts or sitting in the car at petsmart, petco & any other pet store, i can finally walk around with my humans like a big dog...
- my parents won't have to hold me every time i come in contact with a neighbor dog because they don't have to worry about me catching something from them
- i can pretty much walk & do my business anywhere i please instead of having to stick to nearby, bland areas where no strange dogs visit
- i can finally go to the park up the street with my humans where we can do laps, see other people, & maybe even have a picnic or two (when it gets warm of course)
- i can (let me get a bunch of woohoo's on this one) FINALLY go to the doggie park to visit all the pups in the neighborhood
- instead of just chatting & watching event after event go by, i am now ready to actually attend some of the dc metro boxer meet-ups (so excited about meeting you guys!!!)
- maybe now i can find a reliable place to go to doggie daycare near mommy or daddy's job, that way i can take care of my own things instead of straightening things out at daddy's job everyday
- & last but certainly not least (according to my parents), i can start attending puppy behavior training classes so my parents won't have to worry about me being out of control (all the time)
soooo, where to start my tales...i guess i should start with santa paws & all the wonderful toys he brought me...so i know i told you how my stocking was stuffed full - the contents were variety show...a stretchy reindeer, a ball/rope pull toy, an akc mallard with a string & ball at the end of it that squeaked (i think these akc toys are my fav toys by far), a yellow squishy football & a green, blue & white chew rope - the next size up from the one i first had b/c i'm bigger now.
as if that wasn't enough, my auntie katie sent me a yellow tennis ball & my pawpaw & grammie sent me a rawhide bone all to myself. (i'm thinking they had to hide it from layla when they were sending b/c i just know she was jealous about it, not to mention unhappy.) the bone is still around here somewhere, but my mommy & daddy took it from me b/c i was so concentrated on it, i had ignored the rest of my toys which made them feel a little unloved (which i did NOT want to happen). plus, i hadn't touched any of my breakfast, which my mommy did not like one bit.
here i am with my reindeer after a few hours of playing..we were both pooped & in desperate need of an early evening snooze...let's all say a few words for this homie since he ended up lasting only about 24 hours before retiring to that big place in the sky....stretchy reindeer toy heaven...the other picture is of me & my new chew rope, it was grrrrrrrreat (i got that from tony the tiger..hehe)
on our way out of the store, we passed a few lost & found pups since the local shelter/organization was having an adoption event. there were the cutest little mixed baby dogs so mommy let me visit with them for a moment. after that we passed the most beautiful site in the whole, wide world..(next to treats & food). the toysssssss. & can i just say "wow"...from balls to ropes, from animals to squeaky crazy shapes..this place had it all. daddy let me take a sniff around but we ended up not getting anything. i was a little upset at first, mainly b/c i didn't want to leave at all but i remembered how many great gifts santa & the fam sent me..so i was kewl with the thought that i'm sure we'd be back & i'm positive that i could talk my daddy into getting me one special thing..i basically can talk him into anything cuz i'm his boy...
whew, i'm glad you were able to stick with me long enough to update all of that. mommy says she may have to help me update more often. dr. segl said when her new website is up & running that she may link to my site..my blog is getting fans here, there & everywhere & it's really exciting. i'm happy to know there are others out there as interested in my life as i am fascinated by all the happenings of it...
with that said, i'll update everyone bout my new year's eve plans in a few days...for now, i wish you love, peace & happiness for your 2008, not to mention many days filled with your favorite things!!! i'm excited to see what it has in store for a pre-teen like me..